Know your destination.
Make it well known.
In the world of tourism, staying ahead means embracing change. We've seen the struggle. Ambitious tourism marketing and management teams, eager to elevate their destination, yet anchored to outdated technology. It's a tale of unfulfilled potential.
Enter the usual suspects: legacy CRMs like Simpleview — which might seem like the safe choice — come up short of expectations. With endless training sessions to clear a path through the maze of features, projects stall, morale drops. Or the generic one-size-fits-all solutions like Salesforce, which require costly customization to meet the specific tourism industry needs. In both cases, your members are reduced to mere data entries, rather than being recognized as the valuable partners they are.
It's high time you had a modern solution.
We're thrilled to introduce Whereabouts, the friendly future of destination management. Whereabouts isn't just a CRM. It's a new operating system for your destination. Built from the ground up for a new generation of destination managers, it gives your forward-thinking team meaningful ways to collaborate with the businesses, stakeholders, and assets that make your destination unique.
Here’s what you get:
- A unified platform for your whole team to seamlessly access member information. Notes, contact info, photos. Everything is a click away.
- The ability to track and highlight everywhere your members are being promoted online. So when a stakeholder asks "what have you done for me?" you can show them the value of your work.
- Effortless integration of event listings and directories straight from your database to your website.
- Customizable member lists for special projects. So organizing your next FAM tour, seasonal campaign, and workshop is a breeze.
- Integration with our family of apps: Tripper for interactive itineraries and Booker for tracking booking referrals and providing e-commerce solutions to all your members.
We're not just launching a product — we're inviting you to be part of a tourism industry upgrade. The new era begins with our existing partners in early 2024. And this winter, we're opening our doors to three more pioneering DMOs who want to elevate their destination.
I hope you'll join us in this journey towards a more connected, efficient, and vibrant destination management experience. We're ready to support you every step of the way.
DMOs are great at creating awareness. But here's the problem: tourists can't book their trip on your website because it’s a dead end. Not only that, many of your members likely rely on a variety of outdated booking systems that don’t inspire confidence or trust.
This is where big tech platforms like Booking.com, Expedia, and Airbnb step in, robbing DMOs of valuable conversion opportunities. They facilitate bookings, but at an unreasonable cost — particularly for small, independently-owned tourism businesses. Modern DMOs and their members don’t need to settle for these large, proprietary tech solutions, with their exorbitant fees, one-size-fits-all products, and closely guarded data.
That’s why we made Booker. We believe that DMOs can control the marketing loop by allowing visitors to book accommodations and experiences directly through you and your members — all through intuitive, trustworthy software that’s designed with a local focus in mind.